The new term is fast approaching, and before you know it, you’ll be settled into your new University accommodation, ready to live the student life. But the thought of that probably seems like a distant memory, especially with the amount of prep you need to do first. But packing up and moving out of home doesn’t have to be as overwhelming of a task as you think.
Here are five ways you can use our Really Useful Boxes range to efficiently pack up, organise and move into your new place as seamlessly as possible.
- Pack and store by category- Things can easily get very unorganised when you have a lot to pack. Try and make the move as easy as possible by grouping your things together from the start. Pack all of shoes or clothes together in a large, 84L box, whilst keeping all your textbooks and stationery supplies together in a 64L box. This will make unpacking and storing your belongings much easier, as they will all be grouped together in one place.
- Use transparent boxes, so you can see what you’ve packed/unpacked and where it is kept in your room. Our entire Really Useful Boxes range is transparent, so you can see exactly where your belongings are. Not only is this convenient, it’s also a huge time saver in the morning when you’re rushing to get to class!
- Use our 8x7L Drawer Tower for all those little accessories that are so easy to misplace. Organise each drawer by category- hair products, jewellery, eyewear, belts, etc. This can easily store away in a corner of your room and is space efficient, as well as saving you time getting ready in the morning.
- Store all your snacks under your bed. Our 33L Storage Box is perfect to store all your late-night snacks for all those times you don’t want to leave your room and go down to the kitchen. It also easily stores away under your bed, so minimal movement is necessary! You’ll maximise your space too!
- Kitchen Utensils can be stored in the kitchen for the most part. But for any spares, you don’t want to go missing, use our 9L Box to keep them all in one place. The great thing is all our boxes come with a lid, so you can store your dishes in a hygienic, airtight space.
And there you have it. Five great ways to help you move out of Mum and Dad’s and into your own living space, using our Really Useful Boxes. Don’t forget, once you’re all settled into your new accommodation, you can reuse your storage boxes for all your university necessities; bags, books, stationery, laptops and chargers, etc. Good luck!